Our Client is one a leader in high-efficiency renewable power systems which is currently separating its business outside the US into a new company.
As a member of the Company’s Global Tax team, the Global VAT Manager will be based in Singapore and report to the Group Tax Director. The role will also report on an administrative basis to the EMEA Regional Controller. Most broadly, the role is responsible for VAT (including GST and other related taxes and reporting where applicable) compliance (shared, on a transitional basis, with the Company’s Financial Controllership team), business support, planning and reporting for all entities around the world.
To fulfill those responsibilities, the role will manage four sets of activities.
Compliance, controversy & reporting
Currently, global indirect tax compliance is done on a shared basis between this role and the Financial Controlling team. The Company’s strategy is to progressively centralize compliance into the service center. This role will design and lead that transition, supported by an external firm. In the meantime, the role has direct oversight of the VAT compliance for the Company’s Swiss trading company and local sales affiliates in EMEA. For other countries, the role provides technical support to the Financial Controllers and their teams and the Logistics function in preparing the required declarations & filings and either leads or assists in the resolution of VAT inquiries and audits. The role also supports Headquarters in VAT forecasting & reporting and informing management of VAT-related risks and opportunities.
Working with Headquarters, the Regional Tax Managers and the Financial Controllers, the role serves as the global point of reference for all VAT-related matters arising from business projects and Corporate initiatives. The role provides technical support for contemplated business changes (including projects and entry into new markets) and handles ad hoc questions that arise from business operations. The role is also a key partner to the Logistics team to optimize the VAT treatment of the provision of goods and services among Group affiliates and to customers and business partners.
Working with the Financial Controllers, the role supports optimizing VAT for the Company, its customers and other stakeholders around the world. That includes providing operational support in relation to business activities, identification and implementation of savings opportunities and analysis of the VAT impact of contemplated business changes. The role supports Corporate efforts to manage working capital and participates in transfer pricing processes to optimize VAT-related impacts.
Systems support & improvement
Working with Shared services, the role supports the planning, implementation and post-implementation phases for the deployment of new flows, products and services. The role assists in maintaining VAT processes in Oracle© and ONESOURCE©, including root cause analysis, user acceptance training and updating manuals and documentation. The role will be the VAT lead on the planned implementation of the Company new enterprise information and tax reporting systems.
- Prepare or support VAT and Intrastat declarations as required
- Ensure processes & controls are such that all global VAT related compliance obligations are successfully discharged, including tracking & reporting of global VAT compliance status
- Oversee, train & develop support staff, including shared services matrix-reporting roles
- Ensure compliance with Corporate policies
- Establish & maintain practical processes & procedures to ensure adequate controls are in place as the business develops
- Facilitate the timely & effective resolution of VAT audits
- Ensure correct & compliant VAT reporting for all physical & financial flows
- Support keeping management apprised of indirect tax cost & risk
- Develop & support implementation of VAT-related process improvements
- Contribute to structuring new arrangements so all VAT consequences are understood and addressed pro-actively
- Participate in Group efforts to manage working capital
- Create awareness and understanding about indirect tax issues & compliance across the organization
- Manage cost-effective relationships with external service providers
- Degree/Qualification in Tax or Accounting
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in an operational VAT role in the EMEA Region
- Solid understanding of typical supply chain and data management structures in a multinational environment
- Enterprise and tax reporting IT systems aptitude
- Creative, pragmatic and commercial thinker with solid technical knowledge and strong analytical skills
- Inherently positive outlook and determination to deliver on time & on budget
- Interest in & commitment to building a team, developing junior staff and continuous process improvement
- Able to communicate clearly & precisely (both verbal and written) in fluent English
- Comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced and fluid environment & working remotely across geographies
- Culturally aware
- Highest integrity
WeLinkTalent | Executive Recruitment
WE LINK THE RIGHT TALENT TO THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY
• Who are we?
WeLinkTalent is a boutique human capital consultancy firm specialising in senior-level executive search covering Singapore and Asean. We link skills, personality and potential to the right company to create value and synergies that benefit both parties.
• Why us?
We are a unique name when it comes to recruitment, and we provide the “Best in League” Talent from our well-established network. We have a very competitive and transparent system. We engage with you and design a personalised recruitment strategy.
Please send your CV in .doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job reference number WLT30004.
We thank you for your interest in this position and regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please follow WeLinkTalent on LinkedIn to access all our vacancies.
WeLinkTalent Pte Ltd | Executive Recruitment | EA Licence № 16S8272
Nathalie Marie-Claire White | Registration № R1658916